Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Yaoi games

  1. #21
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Really?! :goes off to play again:
    Shame about the godwaful midi file, though.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't know there was a midi playing...my speakers are always off unless I'm playing a CD or something. ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 20, 2003 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Funny thing, but I'm still to impatient. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member itsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2002
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    tsukiyama saunt- UR THE BEST, that site is great, too bad i can't read jap.. =(

    I can only play the pong game though, but not the other two games, i think u'd actually haf to no japanese to no sup wif them rite?

    N wow that guy is kinda hot... does any japanese readers know what this site is for? Are the characters actually from a real Yaoi manga?

  5. #25
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    :blushes through her 3 inch thick visual kei makeup: Why thankyou, I just gave up real life and earning a living to surf wierd sites all day. Knew it'd pay off....

    As for the manga, I dont know but it might be something to do with a manga I've come across before, Onmyouji by Okano Reiko I've never read it, It's just got lovely artwork.

    : does quick search:

    Yeah, see, it does exist.
    there are scans at http://www.thecasualspectator.net/an...i_showcase.htm

    Actually, I love this historical stuff, might have to go buy it now [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 06:04 AM: Message edited by: tsukiyama saunt ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear God in heaven, I'm such a geek... I mean, even among otaku I'm an otaku geek... ^^;;;;

    Going through my head right now: "I should go check out that game in case the underwear's historically accurate."

    Background: I'm going to be teaching a class on the history of traditional Japanese clothing from the Heian era until now (or at least until when it fossilized in the late Meiji era) in May at Anime Central in Chicago.

    And it's like pulling teeth trying to find *good detailed* documentation on *what color* of Heian-era clothes were layered in what order for what reason. It was all horrendously significant, but NOBODY sits down and explains the rules an the patterns to it.

    And the two sites I've found that come close only go into juni-hitoe (twelve-layered unlined kimono), not guys' clothes, and particularly not all the way down to skin level.

    Mental fast forward to May, Risu-chan with screen shots of tennis game and pointer: "See, this layer here does this, and this layer does that, and..."

    (from the peanut gallery "And why exactly are you showing us pictures from THIS particular URL, hmm?"

    (also from the peanut gallery "Does that layer come off too?"

    Risu-chan (approximately the color of boiled lobster): "They told me about it online! Yes, the underwear comes off too! At least, they said it did -- I mean -- I needed documentation, people!"

    (peanut gallery "Documentation, she says...." *nudge nudge wink wink*

    Risu-chan: "Auuuuuughhh!!!" (running for life)

    (ginormous sweatdrop) ...but now the problem is there is NO way in hell I'm checking out this website at work, but I've only got a 28.8 connection at home, but... maybe I should just take this as a sign that I really DON'T need to know whether his underwear is historically accurate after all... but... nobody DOCUMENTS this stuff... but... but... auuuughhh!!!

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 24, 2003 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  7. #27
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where can I sign up for one of your classes? LOL Sounds like and interesting lesson XD

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^__^ If you're going to be anywhere near the Rosemont-Horizon area in Chicago the weekend around May 16, stop in at Anime Central -- my panel's 10 a.m. Sunday the 18th...

    (sweatdrop) I hope it'll be more interesting than the other lesson I'm working on at the moment, which is how to get my taxes done despite a 401K rollover when changing jobs. I either have no life or I have too much of one.

    Where are most single girls at 10 p.m. on a Friday night? Out partying.

    Where am I? Sitting on my couch with my laptop multitasking a pile of message boards to catch up on and trying to download federal tax forms over a 28.8 modem.

    Because I'm too tied up the rest of the weekend with various plots and plans for the Anime Central convention to have any other time to do the taxes...

    ...such a geek... ^^;;;

  9. #29
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Risu-chan, I respect your geekiness.
    I'm currently researching/making up a historical/fictional novel about 'shudo at it's height in the monasteries and among the shogunate during the Sengoku period.
    No one seems to believe me, or indeed care, but buddhist monasteries *cought*mount koya*cough* were pits of carnal depravty. Naturally, I see it as my duty to research this, extensively. ;D

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's a book I ran into by accident that you might like -- its title is "Male Colors."

    Risu-chan (searching the web for kimono books): Male Colors! All right! Maybe SOMEBODY is finally going to explain when and how Japanese men's kimono went from "men wear every color under the sun" in the Heian era to "only blue, brown, and gray, and decorations only get put on the INSIDE of haori" in the Edo era!

    *orders book*

    *a week later*

    Risu-chan (opening package, turning pink): "Male Colors: the construction of homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan"...? (sweatdrop) Okay, while still potentially interesting from my POV as a shonen-ai/yaoi fanfic writer, somehow I think this book isn't going to tell me much at all about kimono, just about the absence of them.... ^^;;;;;

    But he goes into some detail about historical background from early Heian period all the way up to at least the 18th century, haven't finished the book yet, but there's a fair amount of information in there about why the Japanese Buddhists took a drastically different view of it than the continental Buddhists did and vignettes from monastic life and such... basically, women were prohibited/sinful, so their own male acolytes were the 'acceptable' outlet for sexual frustration in monks... ^^;;;

    (mumbling: now if only the Catholics would turn rational about the fact that you don't have to be a celibate male in order to preach, we'd have a lot less cases of priestly molestation of unwilling children and the priest shortage might be filled by married men or even *gasp* women and gay people. Speaking as a Lutheran who's had both female and gay pastors in churches I've attended happilt, I completely don't understand the Catholic viewpoint on that. I mean, it's not like the priests are only qualified to preach by putting on display the fact that they're male or something... imagining the appalled reaction of my aunts if that DID become a prerequisite to giving a sermon...)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •